Sex Pistols Tour of London
Availability: Saturday at 6pm (June – September)
Ages: Adult Only
Duration: 2 hours
Tour Type: Public and Private Tour
Starting Location: Exit 3 of Tottenham Court Road Station (at street level)
End Location: Oxford Circus
Sex Pistols Tour of London
A Sex Pistols tour of Soho, London is a must for any music lover or anyone interested in the history of punk rock. This tour takes you to the band's first rehearsal space, their first gig location where Sid met Nancy and much more. It offers a unique and fascinating glimpse into the life and times of one of the most influential and controversial bands in the history of rock and roll. Experience the energy and spirit of the band and the punk movement that they helped to shape.
- See where the Sex Pistols had their first gig
- See where the Sex Pistols drank
- Discover some of the outrageous things the Sex Pistols did
- See where Glen Matlock got arrested for a crime he did not commit
- Walk down London’s famous Tin Pan Alley
- See the rehearsal space where the Sex Pistols also lived
The Sex Pistols were the legendary punk rock band that formed in London in 1975, and they quickly became known for their controversial and provocative lyrics and riotous performances.
One of the most iconic places associated with the band is Soho, a neighbourhood in the heart of London that was known for its vibrant music and nightlife scene in the 1970s. This is a tour of Soho that highlights the band’s history and legacy making a fascinating and exciting way to explore the city.
The tour begins at the band’s first rehearsal space, located at the back of a shop in Denmark Street. This street, also known as “Tin Pan Alley,” has a rich history of music and was home to many of the city’s most famous recording studios and record shops. You will get a chance to see where the band first started making music and where Johnny Rotten drew rude pictures on the wall
Next, the tour moves on to the location of the band’s first gig, at St. Martin’s School of Art in 1976. This was a seminal moment in the band’s history, as it marked their official debut as a live act and helped to establish them as the most important and influential punk band of all time. Visitors will learn about the band’s early performances and the impact they had on the London music scene.
You will get a chance to learn about the band’s rise to fame, the controversy that surrounded them, learn about the band’s final days and the legacy they left behind.
This is a tour of Soho that highlights the history and legacy of the Sex Pistols and is an exciting way to explore the city and learn about one of the most important and influential bands in the history of rock and roll. From their early days in the punk scene to their rise to fame and the controversy that surrounded them, the tour offers a unique and fascinating glimpse into the life and times of the band.
- 2 hour walking tour of London’s Soho
- Knowledgeable, approachable & fun tourist guide
- Entry fees
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes for a leisurely walking tour
Good To Know
- The tour does not go into any of the buildings/ venues.
- English language tour
How long is the route?
- The tour is approximately 1.5 miles long.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- The tour is not suitable for a wheelchair due to the pavements and uneven surfaces on the route. British Sign Language is not provided on the tour.
Do children need to be accompanied?
- All people under 18 (i.e. 17 years old and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over) on all tours
Is the tour suitable for children?
|Groups of 1 - 10 persons||£165|
|Groups of 11 - 20 persons||£185|