Glasgow Music Mile Walking Tour
Availability: Saturdays (end of March- September)
Ages: Adult Only
Duration: 2 hours
Tour Type: Public Tour
Starting Location: Your guide will meet you outside the Royal Concert Hall
End Location: King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut, 272A St Vincent St
Glasgow Music Mile Walking Tour
Discover Glasgow's musical heartbeat on the Music Mile walking tour. Led by passionate guides, explore iconic venues like King Tut's and Glasgow’s flagship Royal Concert Hall. Dive into the city's rich music history, from indie rock to electronic beats. Immerse yourself in the sounds that define Glasgow, past and present, on this unforgettable journey.
- Discover why Glasgow was named the first UK UNESCO City of Music and hear tales of music legends and their ongoing influence on Glasgow’s vibrant scene
- Dive into Glasgow’s indie rock history, checkout its thriving grassroots venues including the iconic King Tut’s and Glasgow’s Royal Concert Hall, the epicentre of Celtic Connections, one of the biggest winter music festivals in the world
- Disturb the ghosts of past venues including the legendary Empire Theatre, known as the graveyard of English comedians, and the late lamented Apollo
Explore the vibrant heart of Glasgow’s music scene with the Music Mile walking tour, an immersive journey that takes you through the city’s rich musical heritage and contemporary sounds. Led by knowledgeable guides passionate about Glasgow’s diverse music history, this tour offers a unique perspective on the iconic venues, legendary musicians, and pivotal moments that have shaped the city’s sonic landscape.
The adventure begins at Glasgow’s flagship Royal Concert Hall. As you stroll along the historic streets, you’ll discover the hidden gems and iconic landmarks that have played pivotal roles in Glasgow’s musical evolution.
Immerse yourself in tales of the city’s musical legends, from the indie rock scene to the roots of electronic music. Learn about Glasgow’s influence on genres such as post-punk, folk, and pop, and gain insight into the eclectic artists who have called this city home. Marvel at the architectural wonders that have housed unforgettable performances, creating an atmosphere that resonates with the energy and passion of Glasgow’s music culture.
The Music Mile walking tour is not just a journey through the past; it also celebrates the present, introducing you to the thriving contemporary music scene that continues to make Glasgow a dynamic hub for emerging talent. Whether you’re a devoted music enthusiast or a casual listener, this tour promises an engaging and entertaining experience, connecting you to the soulful beats and captivating stories that echo through the streets of Glasgow. Join us on the Music Mile tour and uncover the harmonious tapestry that defines this Scottish city as a true music lover’s paradise.
- 2 hour music-themed walking tour of Glasgow
- Knowledgeable, approachable & fun guide
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes
Good To Know
- English language tour
How long is the route?
- The tour is approximately 1.5 miles long.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- The tour is not suitable for a wheelchair due to the pavements and uneven surfaces on the route. British Sign Language is not provided on the tour.
Do children need to be accompanied?
- All people under 18 (i.e. 17 years old and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over) on all tours
Is the tour suitable for children?
- No (Due to licensing laws, this tour has a minimum age of 14)