Queen London Walking Tour
Availability: Sundays (January – December)
Ages: All Ages
Duration: 2 ½ hours
Tour Type: Public and Private Tour
Starting Location: Outside Fresh Bake, South Kensington Underground station
End Location: Outside Fresh Bake, South Kensington Underground station
Queen London Walking Tour
This Queen London tour is ideal for fans of Freddie Mercury and the iconic rock band Queen. Queen performed their first gig in 1970. 50 years later, they are still popular and still one of the bestselling bands of all time. Want to know why? Join our fabulous Queen tour and let our friendly guide take you around Queen’s London, sharing some of the band’s most daring, fabulous and poignant moments with you. Our Queen tour covers everything from the bands' student days, where they earned a pittance, worked on market stalls, and rented shabby bedsits, all the way through to finding fame and fortune, performing in West End venues and rubbing shoulders with Royalty. This tour is a Kind of Magic!
- Visit the former BIBA shop where Freddie would visit Mary Austin
- Snap a photo under the plaque that celebrates Queen’s first gig
- See where Freddie wrote Bohemian Rhapsody
- Hear about Freddie’s favourite and final London home, Garden Lodge
- Stand in the spot where the band took promotional photos as Smile before the days of Queen
- Discover what happened to Freddie Mercury’s statue
Queen London tour
Your Queen London tour starts in the Royal Borough of Kensington.
The first half of the tour takes you back to where it all started. From the early days of ‘Smile’ to Roger Taylor, Freddie Mercury, and John Deacon’s auditions for Queen. You can quickly stretch your legs and take a selfie under the plaque that commemorates Queen’s first gig.
It’s strange to think that anyone could be a struggling artist, living in a dingy bedsit in this elite neighbourhood. But before Queen found fame and fortune, they enjoyed a Bohemian life of market stalls, grubby flats, and cosy local pubs. But it was home. Kensington never stopped being home for Freddie Mercury. One of the stops on the Queen Tour of London will be outside his beloved Garden Lodge.
During this Queen London tour you’ll be entertained with anecdotes linking many of London’s theatres with Queen. Let’s face it, someone as flamboyant as Freddie Mercury just couldn’t resist performing and filming in theatrical settings.
Also you’ll pass locations that helped catapult Queen to success in the early days, including venues where they performed and the radio station that once played Bohemian Rhapsody over and over again: “Wasn’t that a great song? Let’s hear it again!”
- 2.5-hour group tour
- Knowledgeable, approachable & fun tourist guide
- Health & safety accredited & COVID-19 safe experience
- Entry fees
- Optional gratuities
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes for a leisurely walking tour
Good To Know
- Accessibility: This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- English language tour
- Tour is full health & safety accredited with the official “Good to Go” marque
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- The tour is not suitable for a wheelchair due to the pavements and uneven surfaces on the route. British Sign Language is not provided on the tour.
Do children need to be accompanied?
- All people under 18 (i.e. 17 years old and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over) on all tour
Is the tour suitable for children?
- There are some adult themes discussed on tour so it as the discretion of parents